- Check In and Check Out Information
Check In at all of our locations is at 3:00 p.m.
Check Out is at 10:00 a.m.
*Late check outs not confirmed with management after 10:00 a.m. will result in a charge for an additional day.
- Reservation Request
PLEASE NOTE: Price changes for all Recreational Lodging are effective immediately as of February 2020. Customers with existing reservations prior to the price change will pay the price originally quoted at the time of reservation.
To request a reservation, please visit our reservation page.
Constructed in the fall of 2010, our log cabins are located near Lake Denmark Road. The cabins feature two bedrooms and an upstairs loft that includes one queen and three twin sized beds. Cabins include an eat-in kitchen, living room, bathroom, and porch area. There is a separate washer and dryer facility located at site.
Civilian & Contractor Night Rate Civilian & Contractor Monthly Rate Active & Retired Military Night Rate Active & Retired Military Monthly Rate Cabin $135 $3,100 $110 $2,450 Pet Fee $6 $160 $6 $160
- Guest House
Our Historic Guest House is located on Farley Avenue and has a total of four units. The building offers one suite (Room 1) which features a large kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and one bathroom. Rooms 2, 3 and 4 are all located in another section of the guest house. These rooms share a common entryway and private doors to each room respectively. Each includes private bathrooms while the common area living room and kitchen are shared. Room 2 has one queen and one single bed. Room 3 has one queen and two single beds. Room 4 has one queen bed. There is also a washer and dryer on site.
Civilian & Contractor Night Rate Civilian & Contractor Month Rate Active & Retired Military Night Rate Active & Retired Military Month Rate Suite $135 $3,100 $110 $2,450 Room Two $100 $1,990 $85 $1,650 Room Three $100 $1,990 $85 $1,650 Room Four $100 $1,990 $85 $1,650
- Harris Court Apartments
Our Harris Court Brick apartments are located immediately after the intersection of Brown Road and Harris Court directly across from Frog Falls Aquatic Park. These five brick apartments (Units A-E) are newly renovated and feature two bedrooms, one queen and two twin beds, large kitchen, dining area, living room, cable TV with HD channels, hi-speed internet connectivity with WiFi capabilities, and free domestic long distance calling from the included landline. There is a washer/dryer in each unit for your convenience. This location is merely steps away from Frog Falls, FORGE Fitness Center, Outdoor Recreation, the Commissary, and PX.
Civilian & Contractor Night Rate Civilian & Contractor Month Rate Active & Retired Military Night Rate Active & Retired Military Month Rate Harris Court Apartments $135 $3,100 $110 $2,450 Pet Fee $6 $160 $6 $160
- Reservation Policy
MWR Recreational Lodging allows up 30 day stays at a time without further approval. If you require extended stay you must submit in writing the reason why. It will then be sent up for approval by Recreational Lodging Manager/Business Recreational Chief/DFMWR/Garrison Commander if necessary
1. MWR Recreational Lodging reservation requests are handled on a first come first serve basis. Reservation requests are not confirmations, you are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email and or a confirmation phone call from management.
- Active Duty Military personnel in a permanent change of station (PCS) status (to or from Picatinny) may request lodging 120 days in advance of desired check-in date.
- Active Duty Military personnel in a non PCS status may request lodging 40 days in advance of desire check-in date.
- Retired Military personnel, National Guard & Reservists, Civilians, Contractors and all other MWR eligible patrons may request lodging 30 days in advance of desired check-in date.
- Any request beyond 30 days in length will have to be submitted with a justification letter stating why the patron needs to stay longer. Recreational Lodging facilities may be reserved for a maximum of 30 days.
2. Staying in one of our MWR Recreational Lodging Facilities is a privilege, and this can be taken away any time if the person signing or taking responsibility for a facility/room causes damage, disturbance or any other inconvenience to Picatinny, FMWR or other Customers.
3. Priority for staying in recreational lodging on Picatinny will be first come only with the understanding that the service is followed by:
1. Service Members
2. Civilians on Picatinny
3. Civilians from off post locations
4. If a cancellation takes place less than 1 week before the scheduled arrival date the guest will have to pay a cancellation fee of $100.00. If a guest fails to cancel, the reservation holder will be responsible for two night’s recreational lodging cost. (Cost will depend upon the room or building that has been reserved). No-Shows: will be handled in the same manner as failure to cancel the reservation.
5. If an occupant loses a key, is locked out, or, temporarily misplaced their key, they need to call the Recreation Lodging Manager during official business hours from 8 am - 3 pm Mon -Fri.
6. Replacement costs for keys (card) is $25.00
7. If a staff member has to come on post to open a room after official operating hours (8 am-3 pm Mon-Fri) there will be a charge of $75.00. to the occupant.
8. Pets cannot be left alone outside in any of our recreational lodging facilities with or without leash if occupant is not around. If a pet is found outside by themselves without the occupant in the same location the pet will be turned in to the police.
Enjoy our four-seasons recreational facility, located at Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. Our locations offer excellent fishing, hiking, as well as magnificent scenic mountainside vistas and attractions like our very own Frog Falls aquatic park. This pristine recreational lodging site offers many opportunities to explore in Essex, Morris, Sussex and Union counties upon your visit to Northern New Jersey.
Currently Picatinny has 12 locations for recreational lodging and we operate on a first come, first served basis. All of our locations include cable television, WiFi access, free domestic long distance calling. Some of our locations also include Netflix service. Our locations are all non-smoking facilities and some are pet friendly.