- Welcome to CYS
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
- School Age Center
- Full Day Kindergarten
Picatinny's School Age Center operates a Full-Day Kindergarten Program in Building 3156. Children must be 5 years of age by October 1, 2019 in order to register for the program.
A 10% non-refundable deposit of the first month's payment will be required to hold the space until September. The deposit will be credited toward the first month's tuition. A $100 book fee will also be required prior to first day of school. Please call the School Age Center Director at 973-724-5555 for more information about this program.
- Summer Camp
- Parent Central
- Parent & Outreach Services
- SKIES Unlimited
- Middle School Teen Program
- Youth Sports
- School Support Services
- Registration and Forms
1. Make an Appointment at Parent Central Services
Parent Central Services is your one stop shop for access to all programs. This is where you will find the instructions and forms to enroll your children with Child & Youth Services (CYS) and to register for:
- Childcare: Child Development Center (CDC) and School-Age Center (SAC)
- Youth Program (Middle School and Teens)
- SKIES Instructional Classes (ages 18 months-18 years)
- Parent Education
- Sports and Fitness, Team Sports and Classes
To streamline the process and save you time, review the instructions and complete the forms before making your visit to Parent Central Services.
Electronic transfer of registration: Have your Family's CYS records automatically transferred to your new location. Contact Parent Central Services for more information.
To begin, stop by Parent Central Services or call for an appointment.
2. Complete Required Forms
Form 6 Weeks-5th Grade 6th Grade+ Required Annually Registration Checklist (.pdf) 1 per family N/A No Health Assessment (.pdf) 1 per child N/A Yes Child Care Fees and LES (.pdf) 1 per family N/A Yes Shot Records (you provide) 1 per child N/A Yes CYSS Youth Program Registration (.doc) N/A 1 per child No Immunization Schedule updated April 2013 (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child No Health Screening Tool A-7725 (.pdf)
1 per child 1 per child Yes
3. Complete Forms If Applicable
Form 6 Weeks-5th Grade 6th Grade+ Required Annually Respiratory Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child Yes Special Diet (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child Yes Allergy Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child Yes Diabetic Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child No Seizure Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child Yes
4. Bring Forms to your Parent Central Services Appointment
Our expert staff will complete your registration electronically and issue your registration card and password for WebTrac.
5. Enroll in Programs
Use MWR Online Services (WebTrac) to search for, enroll, and pay for programs, or visit Parent Central Services.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Picatinny Arsenal is operating under an increased Health Protection Condition (HPCON). To prevent the spread of COVID-19, Child & Youth Services were suspended to ensure the health and safety of our youth participants and Staff. We continue to monitor how CDC and State guidance will impact services.
In preparation to reopen facilities for full day care in our child development and school age programs, CYS must assess demand. If you are deemed mission or emergency essential by your chain of command and required to be physically present at your duty station, parents must complete and submit the below form to validate child care needs
Based on responses, CYS can evaluate capabilities to provide care to include consolidated care in another facility, hours of operations, staffing levels and updated health/sanitation procedures. Our top priority is to support the mission while also aiding to slow the spread of this new virus.
Completed document can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org